Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Churchill's quick wit, funny man

 
When he was disturbed from his “thinking time in the throne” by a call from Lord Privy Seal, Churchill easily responded with “Tell him I can only deal with one s*** at a time”."
"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
“Saving is a very fine thing. Especially when your parents have done it for you.
"He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
"I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
“Although always prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it should be postponed.”
A young man after seeing Churchill leave the bathroom without washing his hands: “At Eton they taught us to wash our hands after using the toilet.” Churchill: “At Harrow they taught us not to piss on our hands.”
“I’m just preparing my impromptu remarks.”
"He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
"I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."


No comments:

Post a Comment