Thursday, November 18, 2010

Plumber's luck

A Phoenix plumber has found what is now being hailed as "The Diamond in the Roughage," an uber-expensive ring flushed down the toilet at a local diner. And he did it all for a $400 tip.

A California plumber found prehistoric bones in the muck at the Riverside County Flood Control and Water Conservation District -- and he could soon be wrangling gold piping if he gets to auction off his discovery.

Shocked workers at the Tiberias plant in Israel found about 7,000 shekels (about $2,000) in smelly sewage stuck in pipes.

2 comments:

  1. I was working on a drain pipe once in the crawl space under my house and I found my (first) wife's wedding band among the sludge and gunk. I don't think this was in the same league as your plumber's find but it reminded me of The Hobbit at the time. Ring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, this is similar to panning for gold isn't it, except the water isn't as clean. Might make a nice part time venture.

    ReplyDelete