Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Write-in Question

Dear J.P. and Mikey,

Every night before bed, I prepare bottles for the baby's night time feeding. Although the instructions clearly state that the water should be poured and measured into the bottle before adding the appropriate amount of formula, once mixed it only lasts one hour. Therefore I have been measuring the formula and adding the water when ready to feed. My lovely husband and I are in a long-standing argument regarding the best way to do so. The side of the bottles are marked with lines at each ounce. Even though the proper ratio is 2 ounces water to 1 scoop powdered formula, with the powder already in the bottle I fill to the 3 ounce line to make up for the volume of the formula powder. Nonsense! says the husband. He insists that I should still only fill to the 2 ounce line because that's how much formula I am supposed to be making, and thinks that because the powder will dissolve the level should remain the same. I know I should be able to figure this out, but I was an English Major. Please help.

Signed,

Paranoid Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment