Saturday, April 21, 2018

I AM SOMETIMES IN A PLACE, A DIMENSION , THAT I DON'T RECOGNIZE AND DON'T SEEM TO BE ABLE TO FIND A EXIT; I SAY "A" EXIT AND NOT "AN" EXIT BECAUSE I AM IN A PLACE I DON'T RECOGNIZE NOR UNDERSTAND

ode to a Berserker; perhaps a lament

I'm working with but 
haven't perfected, not yet
grand, sweeping, overwhelming emotions
irritable, restless, and discontent.

when a young man
was I required to be 
muscular and lean
no I could still have some affection of
my sisters and mothers
 I could have made things
fabricated a woolen cap
threaded  beads 
fabricated a useful flask
from some sort of sow
some dead mammals pouch
a brush, a comb, 
a looking stone
hell I coulda made some
i could have cast rings
and assorted decorative things; 
hung up rabbits, squirrels,
feathery or scaly things
let them expire
let their last breath 
whisper to mother earth
then be still and dry 
and be gobbles for my mother
my sister and brother
my bairns
and assorted 4 legged furry friends.

not tall, nor wide
though my 
biceps big as your thighs
so I've been told
"hey man hows cum your arms are so big"
these muscles just a venue
not the final prize
not an end in themselves
 look at me
ask how is it my arms,
biceps came to be this size
viking blood
red meat and drink and 
what?

lots of drink and red meat,
lack of focus,
general mayhem,
kernel of honor
tiny bit of respect
and a healthy workout routine
you bet -
throttle, kill, crush 
and destroy.
lift, overthrow, cleave,
hammer, bash, 
squish em like a fookin bug
then repeat

my heart is pure
mostly pure
depends on the humidity
and other factors with 
which I disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment