Sunday, February 5, 2012

Walter Pond, Part 1




About 15 years ago I was given a small old bound photo album as a gift. The photos inside detail the life of a family in the early 20th century - a trip to the Statue of Liberty, canoeing on a lake, the friendship of two young girls, perhaps sisters - all yellowed photos glued carefully onto the pages. On the front cover, written in pencil, reads: Walter L. Pond, 300 Noble St., West Haven, Conn. Recently I have become interested in returning the book to its original owner, or his descendants. As much as I have loved looking at the pictures over the years, it just seems the right thing to do - now that I have a child, preserving family history seems all the more important. So the other night I googled his name and address and found a Walter Pond Carpentry and Repair in Guilford, Conn., a few towns over from West Haven. And I decided to give him a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment