Monday, April 22, 2013

A national disgrace and an affront to democracey

I am a gun owner, as are my brothers.  But the refusal of 46 of our elected officials to support meaningful legislation to create a standardize and 'real' system of background checks for gun purchases,  checks that would reduce the number of guns passing into criminal hands and save lives, is an international embarrassment and an affront to democracy.  I am disgusted.

When legislators refuse to act on legislation supported by 90% of the country and the vast majority of gun owners in favor of a special  interest group they violated their oaths of office and spit on the American people.  Never have we had a clearer view of what really happens in Washington.  I, for one, will do everything possible to ensure that they are not re-elected.  And I pray that every American commits to doing the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment