Monday, August 10, 2009

to the thought of Mrs. Erin McDonald

Like all great things, we were an accident. We weren’t supposed to end up together, but like John Lennon said, “Life is what happens when your busy making other plans.” Despite being in front of each other’s face for so long, we finally found ourselves and continued to grow together in love through the hard times and the good.

I want to marry you because you completely erased any notion I had about what being in love means. Your love is completely unconditional. It doesn’t come with parameters. Your love makes me feel like I will never be alone in anything I do. More importantly, you let me be myself. You let me be a person that my friends and family love & understand.

I want to marry you because we think with 2 different sides of the brain. I get excited about what you have to say about any subject because I know it will differ from mine, right or wrong. I love the fact that I either love or hate the music you listen to and vice versa. There is no indifference with us. We are equally passionate about the way we feel about life and sometimes I can picture our thoughts waving to each other as they pass by in opposite directions. You are a thinker first and I am talker first, and that analogy can be related to almost anything we experience together.

I want to marry you because I know you are a good person. You work hard, you play hard and you never settle. You will be a great wife and a great mother. You come from a wonderful family whose love and generosity is unmatched. I know I will be a good husband and father because of the challenges met by mine. I know you will be a good wife and mother because of the strength of yours. You are a beautiful person, inside and out.

I want to marry you because like me you are totally and utterly mad.

I want to marry you because of all these reasons and more. Because being with you feels like home. Our relationship is stronger than any wickedness that life will throw at us, our trust more deeply rooted than anyone’s desire to break it.

I will love you, always.

4 comments:

  1. thank you for reminding me why I got married

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thoughts, well said. You two deserve the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exceptional and adoring. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm tearing up a little after reading this one.....congrats on finding true love! It is what life is all about!

    ReplyDelete