Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Dear Diary

5th of june, 2013

While taking my daily walk, strolling through the sedate local cemetary, musing about a number of things profound and simple both, lost in peaceful reverie in the midst of flowers, newly mown grass, and birds chirping under a clear blue sky,  I walk past a marker and suddenly hear music, the Speak Softly Love (the theme from the Godfather movie) playing loudly in a tinny rattle.  I am startled momentarily, wondering if someone was buried with their cellphone and that music was the ringtone, and the poor bloke is getting an important call and is unable to answer. Then I realize that one of the graves has this feature somehow rigged to the plot so that when one passes nearby, the music plays..  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  First, what significance does that music have for the person lying beneath the marker?  Are they mafioso?  Are they a Marlon Brando fan?  Are they trying to send a message from their dead self?  I dunno but it quickly occurred to me that if this is a burgeoning trend then cemeteries and graveyard will become cacophonous acres such as only imagined before in Dante's Inferno.  Opera, bluegrass, audio books, punk rock,  john phillip sousa, Wayne Newton, David Hasseloph, and on and on - a no limit no boundaries crap-fest of favorite tunes, screeches, and din.  I myself was planning on being cremated and stored in an urn or a tin or a bean can.  Not now though!  I want to be interned in a humus plot and I want a endless loop tape of Iron Butterfly's In a Gada Da Vida as loud as can be.


3 comments:

  1. Alternate song choices: ricco suave, found a peanut, and begin the beguine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was gonna add "I like big butts" but that would be totally rude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as the idea of being "interned" in death appeals to me, I'll actually be "interred".

    ReplyDelete