Tuesday, January 6, 2015

reflections


“Just as a snake sheds its skin, we must shed our past over and over again.” 
― Gautama Buddha

“Habit rules the unreflecting herd.” 
― William Wordsworth

“Reflect within yourself for that reflection is far better than when what you see in the mirror.” 
― Gian Kumar

“I'll read enough
When I do see the very book indeed
Where all my sins are writ, and that's myself.
Give me that glass and therein will I read.
No deeper wrinkles yet? Hath sorrow struck
So many blows upon this face of mine
And made no deeper wounds?
O flattering glass,
Like to my followers in prosperity
Thou dost beguile me!” 
― William Shakespeare

1 comment:

  1. nice post, the pix and words. i've expunged from memory most of the memory of my evil ways and sins. once in awhile my sons will tell me something i did and my reaction is "no way". but its true. maybe these will all come back to me before I go to the other side or maybe i'll keep only the memory of recent times and what i strive to be.
    and i've always maintained - i don't want to know how others see me; just give me more delusion.

    ReplyDelete