Tuesday, August 11, 2015

I dont use twitter so i have to tweet here. EDITORIAL.

Seems to me that the MEDIA is fanning the flames of civil unrest and disrespect for law enforcement.  I am as anti-authority as anyone and I believe that the POLICE in general are too armed and not enough trained to "police" (vb) as opposed to Police! (noun).  The abuse of power crap has been going on across the country since forever.  I've listened to lawyers and judges and elected officials privately admit that the main difference (and in some cases only difference) between the crime committer and the crime-stopper is a badge and a gun.  I've seen it time and again; had it happen to me more than once but this is not representative of well-trained, dedicated law enforcement.  And keep in mind that their job is to enforce the codified will of the Powers That Be, and are limited to the extent that the will of the Authorities has kept the un-enfranchised (esp. blacks) victims.

I imagine dozens of journalists assigned to pouring over reports and arrests and incidents across the country, any possible instance, that will  feed the flames of their skewed agenda.  The worst part of this is that they are perverting the truth to fit their story and just incidentally screwing with basic structures needed to maintain a mostly free and civil society.  They are making news fit what they (the media) want to promote, regardless of its truth.  The media has turned a blind eye to institutional racism, profiling, and mistreatment of minorities (esp blacks) for so long but now when it's "hot news" they showcase it (incompletely and inaccurately).  One of the things that this selective reporting does is dilute the real true stories of individuals who have been mistreated, mis-classified, profiled, and otherwise had their rights denied them.

I'm Irish and tend to strongly resent and resist any and all types of authority but the media is actively corroding one of the first requirements for a free and healthy society - rule of law and by extension,  respect for law officers.  I have always admired the professionalism of correction officers, deputies, police, and others that accept the sacred duty of respecting the rights of both sides of law.

1 comment:

  1. i apologize for the barely understandable ranting. I think I shouldn't have that second cup of coffee to go with my B-12 tablets. If you bother to struggle through this let me know and I'll send you a swell prize.

    ReplyDelete