Friday, October 6, 2017

I'm nearly cured...

of my conspiracy theories obsession.  I'm still one of, maybe the absolutist, a skeptical and (because it tastes good) cynical SOB.  Yet I've been flummoxed by watching the endless threads of ideas about the Las Vegas Tragedy and the millions of fools posting some kind of video that sets the record straight.  I think most want to be able to understand events so that it restores order to the mind.  Such a bizarre event, we think requires some extraordinary explanation; to give us as much Peace of Mind as possible.  I'm sure that those involved in solving and understanding such problems, i.e my brother, are likely for now to be dumbfounded and without an explanation. 
I still believe in some conspiracies (JFK; 9/11; et al) but this event/tragedy makes me ask for a time out.  Overwhelming.
Be vigilant but most of all be humble and kind.

1 comment: