Sunday, August 12, 2012

oldness and RX's

It is impossible for a senior citizen (rank has its privileges my azz) to regulate the taking of their medicine on their own.  Did I take all of them today?  Or some of them and which ones?.  I can't remember.  I think I did but maybe I didn't.  So I'm even odds to take a second dose or skip a dose only to have the same dilemma tomorrow which confounds the problem, cause I may not have taken it yesterday or I might have taken double and depending on my confidence in my judgment I'll do the same today.  Alright I can get a pill box with the days on them and that'll keep me on track, except that sometimes I'm not sure what day it is.  It may be Tuesday but I think its Saturday (I've done that).  If I'm sharp that day I'll look on my computer to find the day.  But I may believe for sure that I know the day and go with that, and might be wrong. theoretically its possible that I end up taking a triple or quadruple dose or none for 3 or 4 days.  Sheesh Louise, I'm doomed.


 I ain't gonna make out of this world alive!  I don't see myself as "old" though all the service folks automatically give me the senior discount.  I hate it that they can look at me and see I'm not young.  When did that happen?  It seems like overnight I went from being me to being a geezer.  I shall persevere nevertheless.  "Do not go gently into the night."

I confess that I've always had this problem of confusing days and forgetting, for many years, so its not necessarily cause I'm aging.

No comments:

Post a Comment