Monday, August 19, 2013

Never give up, never give up, never give up, it's ok - have a beer, a bm, and a nap, then never give up again.

In my youth the fastest mile I could run was about 6 minutes.  not very good.  In my thirties i became a runner and commonly ran for more than an hour at a time.  I once went for performance and ran 5 miles in 35 minutes, which for me was very good.  I miss the old days when running/jogging was fun so I'm trying to get back into it, gradually.  I recently "ran" a third of a mile in 6.5 minutes.  For comparison, i walked the same distance in 8 minutes.  I see where this is going as I age.  10 years from now I will be closer to coming to a full stop!.

Today I ran the third mile track in 5.5 minutes so I guess improvement is still coming.  Actually I ran 2/3rds of a mile in 10 minutes.

1 comment: