Thursday, August 8, 2013

Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde



Few intellects have captured the Irish wit 
as well as the much forgotten words of Oscar Wilde
To make the point, here find a few of my favorite of his quotes.


True friends stab you in the front.

Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.


There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.

I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
By giving us the opinions of the uneducated, journalism keeps us in touch with the ignorance of the community.
An excellent man; he has no enemies; and none of his friends like him.
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it. It is never of any use to oneself.


No comments:

Post a Comment