Monday, September 30, 2013

5 ways to make "beer" money or supplement your retirement income.

"I'm hungry.  I wish they'd hurry up."
1.  Sell TIME, literally. Here's how:  go to a popular casual family dining place on days when it is likely to be crowded and a line of folks are waiting to get a table.  It needs to be a place that gives you an electronic coaster that lights up when your name reaches the top of the list for serving.  Go to the place just as the queue begins to grow.  Place your name as a party of four with the hostess and get a coaster.  After about 10 minutes and the queue is now at least 20 minutes before being called, find a family about halfway down the line - look for an impatient looking patriarch - then offer them your placeholder in exchange for theirs AND a tip or a small fee (say, five dollars or more if its particularly crowded or prom night). They will be glad to pay for the 15 or 20 minutes you save them in wait.  Then you wait ten minutes and repeat with the device you traded for.  Keep repeating until you make enough $ or the line gets too short.  There are several ways to work this job.  It's best if there are 4 or 5 different places to choose from; then you can work them on a rotation so as not to draw too much attention to yourself.   I made $300 over the weekend for about 7 hours of my time.  Oh, eat before you start because while your name is in queue, you don't have to actually eat there.


For a tip I will tell you the other four ways...

1 comment:

  1. I use a similar technic, only I don't bother with the reservation stuff, I just beg. Works for me.

    ReplyDelete