Monday, September 9, 2013

Personal Update

I've been trying to slowly and carefully get back into jogging.  I've been working this for a year.  Every time I start to make progress i encounter a setback or a good movie on TV.  One problem is my back.  Like everyone over 40 the spine degenerates and pain ensues.  I normally have sciatica when I have problems and I can work through that with some yoga.  Lately its been a general lower back pain, not ache, but pain with every step.  I've tried to run through it but to no avail.  SOOOO I decided to get into a serious regular yoga routine and strengthen and flex all my strength and flexopods.  Once done I will begin jogging anew.  I've got my routines all mapped out, using info from experienced yogurts.

I'm not sure how well it's working.  I've done two days of yoga, a routine specific to lower back, a beginners regime.  Something's not right.  All my muscles hurt now.  My back's ok but my shoulders, triceps, biceps, thighs, buttocks, neck -  all hurt like I got the flu.  What'd I do wrong?  

6 comments:

  1. Yoga should not be a strain but a relaxation. Are you doing calisthenics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it may be a biochem problem. My BP meds sometimes result in Potassium low +. I read that could cause sore muscles, cramps, weakness. Still hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can modify the poses initially until you have stretched a little less, try holding the poses for a few breaths longer if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you pushing yourself into poses? Should be a gentle stretch... lots of breathing...are you practicing with a yogi? Id suggest taking a class to be sure...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you practicing with an instructor? Should be a gentle stretch.....
    nothing more...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to assume that something other than the yoga caused my difficulties. I've done some since with no problems so whatever it was it'll probably be back.

    ReplyDelete