Friday, December 19, 2014

More of Brendan Behan, one of Ireland's finest voices


Behan's classic work bout his early imprisonment  (I own a copy).


Other people have a nationality. The Irish and the Jews have a psychosis


I am a drinker with writing problems.


In Dublin, I was court-martialled in my absence, and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence.




Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.


All publicity is good, except an obituary notice.




I have a total irreverence for anything connected with society except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer.

1 comment:

  1. funny that so do i, but yours looks like a first edition.

    ReplyDelete