Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Dear Diary...

I have faith that the exercise plan I'm following will eventually get me into good physical condition.  I'm overweight and out of shape.  I walk up a flight of stairs and am out of breath.  Unacceptable, so I'm following a plan to get me to being a jogger.  It's a plan that sets goals toward running that are small increments.  For example, I started out by walking for 5 minutes and jogging for one.  You get the picture - you increase the jogging gradually until eventually you will jog the entire time.  I've been doing it for a month now.  I jog slow but am building up endurance, I think.  I also have been modifying my diet to include veggies and healthy chit, excluding burgers and hot dogs and pasta and wonderful ice cream.  I wanted to see if my conditioning has made me more fit so I timed myself today for a distance of about 1/3rd mile.  That's as far as I've been able to go so far, but its increasing gradually.  My jogging time was 6.5 minutes.  Then I walked the same distance at a normal walking pace, and timed that.  The result - 8 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment