Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Karma Points I Hope?

A week or so  back i was visiting my son; playing with his doggie,   It was dark but I could see the doggie chasing a rabbit, both tearing ass across the yard and out of sight. After a bit I heard some strange growling sound so I figured the rabbit was done.  Nonetheless I walked over to the area the dog was and no shit, the rabbit was stuck halfway into the chain link fence - couldn't go forward, couldn't go back.  The dog lost interest since the chase was done.  the rabbit would die there if something didn't change.  I didn't know if it was injured; its butt end was wet where the dog was chewing trying to pull it out I guess.  Honestly I didn't want to get bit or stick my hands into rabbit guts but i tried to push it forward.  No go, tight as a glove.  So I tried to grab it gently around the back legs and butt and see if I could work it loose.  The little guy was quiet and seemed calm (anthropomorphizing here) and let me carefully maneuver its front legs and torso until it eventually popped free, still in my hands calmly.  I put it over the fence and let it go.  It hopped off to safety I hope.  Now if I hadn't tried to help I would go to bed at night and feel guilt and remorse for weeks.  But as it was it made it a great day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment